[SOLVED] Questions about data storage and other things

I am working on some project related to a beer fermentation system for a small brewery part of which could be covered by ubidots depending on development direction.

Ideally we would like to follow fermentation temp and specific gravity over time for each brew . When its time in the fermentor(a week or two) is done this data saved in one package . So each brew starts over. It would also be nice to be able to attach brewery notes to each package. that could be cross referenced date, beer type etc.

are any of these ideas on the horizon?

This is a great service and could save me from learning python. Any idea on how long it will be til we can send numeric data to the MPU?

thanks steve

Hi Steve,

Good to hear this. About your questions:

When its time in the fermentor(a week or two) is done this data saved in one package

What do you mean “saved in one package” is this a specific feature request? If so, could you elaborate more?

It would also be nice to be able to attach brewery notes to each package

Currently you can attach notes to your datapoints or variables. This is done using the “context” property. Usually you’d send a value like this

{"value":32}

but you can also add more details in the “context”:

{"value":32, "context":{"status":"fermented", "note":"my personal note"}}

For more info, check out our API docs.

Any idea on how long it will be til we can send numeric data to the MPU?

I guess this is what you asked in a separate topic on how to send numeric data from the Dashboard? this will be supported next month.

Thanks for your interest and looking forward to see your project in action!

By this I mean that each fermentation would be separate data set and able to be saved or printed then everything is reset for the next fermentation. actually printing the graph would be enough.

I will look into the context property.

looking forward to being able to send numeric data .

steve

By this I mean that each fermentation would be separate data set and able to be saved or printed then everything is reset for the next fermentation. actually printing the graph would be enough.

What if we helped you create a Google Sheet interface that extracts the data and erases the old one every x weeks? this is relatively simply and would allow you to create reports and graphs.