[SOLVED] Arduino Yun Library SaveValue bug?

Total Arduino Noob here.

Spent a lot of time figuring out why I could use sendValue once in a Sketch, but any additional calls would stop the program from running.

Looking at the library, it looks like there is some bug in the sendValue code, in the section near the end of the function.

I commented out the following…

/*while(!_client.available());
while (_client.available()) {
char c = _client.read();
Serial.print©;
}
//Serial.flush(); */

This now allows me to get 2 calls (send 2 values) in a sketch working, but as I am a noob to Arduino I can’t seem to go any further. I have 3 values to send in each run, but adding in another call exhibits the hanging behavior again.

I am guessing the function is coughing somewhere in the RunShell process and running off into the weeds under multiple calls.

I think I have done about as much as I can alone, and so submit this for discussion. Can anyone offer further guidance?

Thanks!

Hi @douglaswelch our Yun also had trouble when trying to send more than 2 variables. There seems to be a limit on how long the string passed to the Process library can be.

We will try changing the string length to a smaller format to try to fit 3 variables, then we’ll test it over several loops to see what happens.

Cool. Let me know your results. I am not enough of a programmer to rewrite the library to find the error, unfortunately. That said, I might look at it a bit more to try and find the glitch.

Hey @douglaswelch how are you?

We update our Yun library, because Arduino YUN has a lot of problems with HTTP method, then we decided to use a simple TCP method with good results!
You can try our lastest version of Arduino YUN here please follow the new example and tell us if you have another problem.

Good day!

Good to hear this! we’ll add a note in the documentation to mention that a datasource is automatically created in this new version.