[SOLVED] Requesting a large amount of data from multiple variables in Ubidots API

Hello everyone,

I have a 2 part question.

I am trying to pull down 99K data points for a single variable in the Ubidots API. I am finding that Ubidots seems to be limiting the page size to only 5000 units. The results in 19 requests. However, my browser only seems to allow 6 TCP connections, which results in a long stack up of for the requests.

Right now its taking 34 seconds to load one of the variables. Is there a way to speed up this process by allowing a larger page size?

Additionally, the API seems to only allow accessing a single variable at a time. Is there a way to combine variables into a single request?

Thanks!

Hello @Adam_B, due to the restrictions for free educational accounts Ubidots limits the amount of data to be downloaded from its server, if you need to make a higher data stream you may need a business plan that fits your needs.

About the other question, 0ur API only supports to download one variable per request in our educational free plans.

Hope this answers your questions.

Regards

Hi Jotathbest,

Good to know, I’ll look into those plans!

Thanks!

Sure Mr Adam, keep in mind that the feature that you ask is not available by default, you will need to ask to one of the sales representative for taking off the limitation to your account as it has been implemented for security purposes.

All the best.

Hi @jotathebest I’ve two queations, does this mean that:
One has to purchase a bussiness plan and then talk to a sales representative to purchase an additional feature in order to download larger amounts of data, or is it just the bussiness plan to get the feature?

And the other question is:

Does the educational plan limits the amount of data that can be dowloaded at once, or the amount of data to be downloaded even if ithe data is paged down to less than 5k or 1k dots?

PDT: Currently I’m triying to download 100k dots, and i can’t get past 28k dots, even paging it at 1k.

Greetings sir, I’ll try to answer your questions:

1. One has to purchase a bussiness plan and then talk to a sales representative to purchase an additional feature in order to download larger amounts of data, or is it just the bussiness plan to get the feature? You can ask for a 30 free trial business license here. Once you test our business license, if you feel fine with the service you can contact to our sales department for a plan that fits your need, and that also can include a custom endpoint to download the amount of data that you need (i.e 100k dots).

2. Does the educational plan limits the amount of data that can be dowloaded at once, or the amount of data to be downloaded even if ithe data is paged down to less than 5k or 1k dots? With educational license you can download a maximum of 500 dots per request.

Regards