How can I reset a count

I am using the Ubidots to count vehicles entering one of our Raleigh parks. I often have to futz with the sensor while installing. Is there a way to reset the count once the sensor in in place and calibrated so the counts start at zero for the test?

Thanks, Chip

Ok, so I found a delete function in the API reference and was able to do this via a curl command. What would be very helpful would be to have a button on the portal to make this easier to do when out in the field.

Hi Chip,

Indeed, the best way to erase values is through the API:

$ NOW=$(date +%s)000
$ curl -i --header "Accept: application/json; indent=4" --header "X-Auth-Token: WVdWlng8FjhqBTYIBidEmSg79AYnfKmIBTxeZakY59qk9975EUFRxcPDRSS" -X DELETE http://things.ubidots.com/api/v1.6/variables/52fad51727a51435bf3b241e/values/0/$NOW

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-Type: application/json

{
    "count": 21500
}

The reason we don’t have it visible in the front-end is because it would be very easy for non-technical users to erase data. We’re developing a new feature for user management; perhaps we could include an erase button for admin-level users once this is ready. Will put it on the table for product management. Thanks!