[SOLVED] ESP8266 Error at cipsend

i’m working on my final year project. i want to use ubidots for my final year project but i’m facing a problem whenever i try to send values to ubidots it shows “error at cipsend”.

1. i’m using Esp8266-01 wifi module (0.9.5.2 9600 baud rate firmware)
  2. Arduino UNO and Arduino IDE (latest version)
  3. Ubidots official library (ubidotsesp8266)

My connection is
vcc ------- arduino uno 3.3v
ch-pd ------ arduino uno 3.3v
gnd ------ gnd
Rx ----- pin 3 (as mention in library header file where ubidots used softwareserial (2,3))
Tx ------ pin 2

previously i was stuck on Error at cipmode but i resolved that now i’m stuck on Error at cipsend whenever i want to send value to ubidots…

please help me

Hello,

You’re following an old documentation for the ESP8266. Please reference to the new article below to be able to connect your ESP8266 as STAND-ALONE with the Ubidots Platform.

Connect the ESP8266 as stand-alone Module with Ubidots

At the moment we doesn’t support the Arduino+ESP8266, we’re working on a new version of the library. So, please reference to the article attached. This guide will help you to send data to Ubidots without any issue.

Best Regards.

i tried this method too but when i try to upload the sketch it shows:
"espcomm upload mem failed error"
sketch doesn’t upload… i followed the exact instructions.
i have esp8266-01, i choosed generic esp8266 from board and i also tried it by selecting nodemcu 0.9.
could you please help me to resolve this error?

Hello @zj99,

Please make sure you have connected the device to the computer, also have the COM port selected in the Arduino IDE.

Best Regards,
Maria C.

i have selected the right com port and i also selected the Generic esp8266 board (also tried with nodemcu 0.1 and 1.0).
GPIO0 is also connected to GND but the sketch doesn’t upload.
it finished with error:
espcomm-sync failed
espcomm-upload-mem failed

Hello, the error that you experience can come from some missing driver, a wrong configuration to upload the sketch via serial port or a hardware issue on your device, I advice you to learn how to upload the basic blink sketch from the arduino IDE to your device and once you get it try to use our library as I see that the error comes from your hardware and not from the library itself. This link may serve you as a guide to your first approach to your ESP8266: http://www.whatimade.today/esp8266-easiest-way-to-program-so-far/

Regards

Hey @zj99,

If you are using an Arduino UNO you will need to set Arduino RST to GND. That’s why you are getting that issue.

i have connected the RESET to GND and GIPO0 to GND… now i’m getting this error:
Arduino: 1.8.1 (Windows 10), Board: “Generic ESP8266 Module, 80 MHz, 40MHz, DIO, 9600, 1M (512K SPIFFS), ck, Disabled, None”

Sketch uses 235665 bytes (47%) of program storage space. Maximum is 499696 bytes.
Global variables use 32884 bytes (40%) of dynamic memory, leaving 49036 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 81920 bytes.
Uploading 239808 bytes from C:\Users\zohai\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_620386/UbidotsSaveValueWithID.ino.bin to flash at 0x00000000
error: failed sending 1072 bytes
.error: failed sending 1044 bytes
.error: failed sending 1040 bytes
.error: failed sending 1040 bytes
.error: failed sending 1067 bytes
.error: failed sending 1079 bytes
.error: failed sending 1085 bytes
.error: failed sending 1071 bytes
.error: failed sending 1061 bytes
.error: failed sending 1049 bytes
.error: failed sending 1071 bytes
.error: failed sending 1052 bytes
.error: failed sending 1054 bytes
.error: failed sending 1042 bytes
.error: failed sending 1060 bytes
.error: failed sending 1063 bytes
.error: failed sending 1064 bytes
.error: failed sending 1073 bytes
.error: failed sending 1078 bytes
.error: failed sending 1068 bytes
error: failed sending 0xC0
warning: espcomm_send_command: didn’t receive command response
warning: espcomm_send_command(FLASH_DOWNLOAD_DATA) failed
error: failed sending 8 bytes
error: failed sending 4 bytes
warning: espcomm_send_command: didn’t receive command response
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

Thanks a lot UBIDOTS… Finally my value is showing up. Thank you for your support. I’ll come again for advance help :slight_smile:

Now i’m using the latest UbidotsEsp8266Mircro library

Hello @zj99,

I’m glad about that!!! :smiley:

Best Regards,
Maria C.